These revamped hydrating lotions will give you soft “mochi skin”, the perfect canvas for smooth and flawless makeup application.
Forget about the popular Korean “glass skin” trend. These days, it’s all about “mochi skin”, a trend that has taken the beauty world by storm. Now, with cult favourite Japanese skincare brand Hada Labo’s revamped line of hydrating lotions, you can achieve “mochi skin” in a flash.
Known for its products that steer clear of unnecessary fillers or additives, Hada Labo has been regarded as an authority in skincare since it was founded in 2004. The reason? Hyaluronic acid, a star ingredient that is featured across the brand’s different lines of skincare products.
In an effort to provide more efficient and effective delivery of hydration to skin, Hada Labo has relaunched improved iterations of the Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion and Hydrating Lotion (Light) ($22.90 each). Both lotions are infused with the brand’s signature proprietary blend of four different types of hyaluronic acid. Each type comes in different sized molecules (large, medium, super, and nano-HA) as this supposedly helps to penetrate the different layers of the epidermis.
When fully absorbed, the humectant property of hyaluronic acid helps strengthen skin’s barrier, maximise moisture retention across several layers, improve elasticity, as well as firm and soothe the complexion – all key factors that help you achieve velvety smooth and supple “mochi skin”.
To create the perfect canvas for smoother makeup application, Hada Labo recommends using its Hydrating Lotions to moisturise and prep your skin beforehand. That’s because no matter how proficient you may be in makeup, it’s all about the base. Supple and well-hydrated skin is the essential canvas for a flawless-looking complexion. It ensures that your makeup lasts all day and holds the key to helping you achieve endless possibilities. Thanks to Hada Labo’s Hydrating Lotions, you can go forth and experiment to your heart’s content with different colours and makeup application techniques to create a multitude of looks. The result will be a flawless-looking complexion that’s soft to the touch.
In addition to Hada Labo’s more sophisticated-looking label (as seen on the brand’s entire skincare range), the new “Goku-jyun” (super-hydrating) formula is also free from irritants such as fragrances, alcohol, colourants and mineral oils – making it perfectly suitable for all skin types.
With the Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion, you can be one step closer to levelling up your skincare and makeup game, and achieving the “mochi skin” of your dreams.
Handy tips on how to maximise your Hado Labo Hydrating Lotion experience
1. Ditch those cotton pads; it’s best to apply the Hydrating Lotion using your hands. Dispense an appropriate amount of the lotion (approximately the size of a 50 cent coin) onto your palms and gently pat your face in an upward motion. This is for better absorption of the product and to help prevent skin sagging.
2. Don’t forget to apply the Hydrating Lotion to your neck, chest and other areas with dry skin, such as the back of your hands and your elbows.
3. If you have dehydrated skin that results in patchy makeup application, simply add a drop of Hydrating Lotion to your foundation for a smoother, flawless finish.
4. Need a midday perk-me-up? Mix one part of Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion with one part of water into a mist bottle, and spritz away to refresh your lackluster skin anytime, anywhere!
5. Hydrating Lotion is most effective when skin is still damp, as damp skin absorbs moisture and locks it in for a longer time. For maximum results, apply the lotion shortly after cleansing to help prepare your skin for better absorption of other products in your skincare regime.
Hada Labo is available at Watsons, Guardian, Sasa, selected Fairprice stores, and department stores.
Brought to you by Hada Labo