This Instagram-worthy dish is as scrumptious as it looks.
Recipe: Seared Tuna and Prawns with Moghrabieh, Pureed Carrots and Arabian Mint Tea with Honey Dressing (serves 6)
Prep time: 1 hour | Total time: 45 minutes
500g carrots, cut into 2cm slices
75ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp olive oil
300g moghrabieh (Lebanese medium-sized couscous from health food stores)
½ red onion, ﬁnely chopped
1 tbsp Rasel Hanout (a classic spice mixture that includes cloves and cinnamon from Culina)
2 tbsp red or blackcurrants
2 tbsp toasted pistachios
1 tbsp ﬂat leaf parsley, sliced
½ lemon, juiced
3 labna balls (yogurt cheese balls from Little India), halved
1 tsp sumac (spice with tangy lemon ﬂavour from Little India)
300g fresh tuna, cut into 1cm cubes
Sea salt and black pepper
12 prawns, shelled and deveined
For the tea dressing
5 bags Dilmah Exceptional Arabian Mint Tea with Honey
¼ cup coriander for garnish
1. In non-stick pan, saute carrots on high heat in 10ml of extra virgin olive oil till they darken.
2. Combine carrots with milk, cumin and 1 tsp olive oil in food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Set puree aside.
3. Bring 2 litres water to boil and cook moghrabieh for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Add diced onion, balance of extra virgin olive oil and Rasel Hanout to pan, stirring for about 20 minutes. Add currants, pistachios, moghrabieh, parsley and lemon juice. Set aside.
5. Rub labna balls with sumac, cut each in half and set aside.
6. Season tuna with salt and pepper. Sear on high heat for 20 seconds on each side. Repeat with prawns, searing each side for a minute. Keep warm.
7. To make dressing, heat Chardonnay vinegar, add tea bags and infuse for three to ﬁve minutes. Remove tea bags and whisk in remaining olive oil.
8. Serve seafood with moghrabieh and carrot puree on the side. Drizzle with tea dressing. Add labna balls and garnish with coriander.
Nutrition score per serving
480 calories, 29.7g protein, 18.4g fat (3.4g saturated), 3.6g ﬁbre, 293mg sodium