IF YOU ARE A VEGAN OR ARE CONSIDERING THE RAW FOOD DIET…
● Know the health benefits and nutrient deficiency risks of the diet. If you are pregnant or suffer from digestive problems, it’s probably best to give it a miss.
● With some careful thought and planning, a balanced vegan diet can be achieved, says Vanessa. “This would need to include some cooked foods such as lentils and beans.”
● Experiment with more ways of preparing your dishes so that you can incorporate more foods into your diet.
● Have your eating plan assessed by a dietitian, and speak to your doctor about possible deficiencies and supplementation. You might wish to schedule regular blood tests to check your iron as well as vitamins B12 and D levels.
● Remember, when in doubt, always consult a professional!