Who knew that salmon goes so well with Thai green curry? Yum!
Make way for the reigning superfood – salmon. Priding many of his dishes upon salmon, Chef Geir Skeie, Norwegian-based chef and restaurateur, shares with us his Norwegian Salmon Thai Green Curry recipe that will surely appeal to our Asian palates.
A mix of sweet and spicy, this tantalising dish is not only delicious, it is also nutritious and low in calories. (One serving contains 250kcal.) Serve it with a side of healthy grains and it’ll still be well under 500 kcal. Rich in protein and omega-3s, Norwegian salmon is no doubt the star of the dish.
- ⅛ onion
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- ¼ garlic clove
- 5g green curry paste
- ⅛ red chilli
- 5g ginger
- ¼ carrot
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 200ml water or fish stock
- 50ml coconut milk
- 150g Norwegian salmon fillet
- ½ spring onion
- 10 coriander leaves
- ½ lime
1. Finely chop the onion and fry with oil, garlic and curry paste lightly.
2. Add the finely chopped chilli, sliced ginger, carrots, fish sauce, water/stock and coconut milk and bring to boil.
3. Dice the salmon, add it into the curry and bring to boil.
4. Top it with finely sliced spring onions and coriander, and serve with lime on the side if you like.