This amazing recipe is the divine intervention your kitchen has been waiting for!
As much as dairy companies advertise their naturally obtained milk products, we know that packaged milk can never be 100% fresh and natural. If you’ve ever fancied making your own milk at home, you’re in for a delight. We introduce a simple almond milk recipe that requires only 2 ingredients- almonds and water.
Homemade almond milk is definitely a revolutionary idea that ensures the freshness of your milk. Everyone can enjoy almond milk- including vegans and people with lactose intolerance. Too good to believe? Read on!
- 1 cup of almonds
- 2 cups of water
- additional water for soaking almonds
- Soak almonds in water overnight (about 12 hours). Soak longer for creamier milk.
- Rinse the almonds.
- Blend the 1 cup of soaked almonds and 2 cups of fresh water in a blender for a few minutes.
- Place the fine mixture in a cheese cloth and squeeze as much as almond milk you can into a jug.
- Store in the fridge for 3- 4 days.
There you have it. Pure, fresh, creamy and delicious almond milk. This recipe uses two cups of water for one cup of almonds. However, if you want thinner milk with more water, go ahead and add more water while blending the almonds.
Additionally, add flavour to your jug of almond milk by either mixing in a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup. Some cinnamon powder makes the milk tastier as well!