You’ll love these breads for their innovative tastes – all free of artificial flavours and preservatives. By Estelle Low
Stop skipping breakfast – it’s not helping you lose weight! Research actually shows that those who skip this meal tend to eat more than usual at lunch or turn to snacking. And if you’re “too busy to eat”, consider this: Breakfast also helps to recharge your brain for the day ahead, so that you are more efficient in your tasks.
Another reason to have the most important meal of the day? These healthy loaves. They are packed full of flavour so you won’t even need to add any spreads.
1. Breakfast Breads You’ll Love: Seaweed Spinach ($6.90, Bread Society)
Filled with bits of antioxidant-rich seaweed, spinach and wolfberries, but still light and savoury.
2. Breakfast Breads You’ll Love: Crois-bread ($3.30, Delifrance)
Made with wholemeal flour from France, this bun-croissant hybrid is topped with oat flakes, linseeds and sunflower seeds. Deliciously nutty.
3. Breakfast Breads You’ll Love: Royal Milk Tea ($4.80, Asanoya Bakery)
Infused with Earl Grey tea, this has an uplifting citrusy fragrance. Perfect for sluggish days.
4. Breakfast Breads You’ll Love: Shiitake Shimeji Mushroom Truffle Bread ($14, Crown Bakery)
Stuffed with shiitake and shimeji shrooms, this naturally leavened loaf reminds us of truffle soup.
5. Breakfast Breads You’ll Love: Wholemeal Beetroot Boule ($6.50, Cedele)
This wholemeal bread is generously filled with beetroot pieces that impart a sweet, earthy flavour. Yums.
6. Breakfast Breads You’ll Love: Black Bean Walnut ($4.90, Bread Society)
The black bean-infused dough has a centre of aromatic walnut sesame paste and is dotted with crunchy, heart-healthy walnuts.
7. Breakfast Breads You’ll Love: Red Wine Fig Sourdough ($8.50, Crown Bakery)
Full of red wine soaked figs, cinnamon, bay leaves and vanilla, this fermented bread not only smells good, but we predict that just one wedge isn’t going to cut it.
8. Breakfast Breads You’ll Love: Spinach Tumeric Brioche ($5.80, Cedele)
Besides an iron boost from the spinach bits, you get a spice kick from anti-inflammatory turmeric powder.