Recipe: Brown Rice Vermicelli with Chicken and Mixed Mushrooms
Serves 3 | Prep Time: 20min | Total Time: 30min
160g brown rice vermicelli
¼ cube low-sodium chicken stock
¼ cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
Young ginger, 2.5cm long, sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
200g chicken fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup assorted mushrooms, chopped
1. Place the noodles in a bowl and pour in enough water to submerge it. Leave to soak for 15 minutes.
2. Dissolve the cube of chicken stock in one-quarter cup of water; set aside.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic, and fry till fragrant.
4. Add and brown the chicken, then add the mushrooms. Stir-fry till everything is cooked.
5. Drain and add the noodles. Drizzle the stock mixture over and mix well.
6. Cook till the moisture from the stock evaporates; serve.
Nutrition Score Per Serving 351.3kcal, 20.5g protein, 14.4g fat, 2.8g fibre