At Sports Hub, some of the classes have been suspended and facilities closed till end April.
The Singapore Sports Hub has closed the kids water playground at its Splash-N-Surf facility and suspended some activities and programmes at venues from Friday (March 27) till April 30, including the OCBC Arena, OCBC Aquatic Centre, water sports centre, Climb Central and National Stadium.
The additional precautionary measures are in line with the latest government advisories and guidelines for the coronavirus pandemic to “ensure a safe environment for the public to continuously keep fit and stay healthy”, said the Sports Hub in a media advisory on Friday.
They include limiting all group activities to 10 persons or fewer, regulating capacity at the facilities to allow social distancing, and directing visitors at some venues to a single entry point for thermal scanning. The frequency of cleaning at the facilities will also be increased.
Visitors who are on Leave of Absence or Stay-Home Notice, or have recent travel history to countries or regions placed under travel restrictions by the Singapore Government, will not be permitted to enter the venue. Those with a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius and above, or show respiratory symptoms, will also be barred from entering.
How the measures will impact the Sports Hub’s venues:
• Sports Hub Multi-Activity Camp, Sports Hub Basketball Academy and Sports Hub Netball Academy are suspended from Friday (March 27)
• Limited capacity at the gym to allow adequate space for social distancing, and equipment will be spaced at least one metre apart
• All fitness studio classes suspended
OCBC AQUATIC CENTRE
• All swimming classes suspended
• Aqua fitness classes are limited to nine persons or fewer
• Limited capacity for the competition pool and the training pool
• Kids water playground closed
• Stingray activity is limited to nine persons or fewer
• Lazy River ride is limited to 10 persons or fewer
WATER SPORTS CENTRE
• Dragon boat rentals suspended
• Kayak and canoe rentals are limited to two persons or fewer
• All water sports courses are limited to nine participants or fewer
SINGAPORE SPORTS MUSEUM
• Limited capacity
COMMUNITY SPORTS FACILITIES
• Limited number of participants for hard courts, beach volley courts, giant chess, lawn bowls, kids playground, exercise & fitness stations, and skate park
CLIMB CENTRAL & SHIMANO CYCLING WORLD
• All programmes suspended
• Limited capacity to allow adequate space for social distancing
• All venue tours and National Stadium viewings suspended
A version of this article first appeared on www.straitstimes.com.