These 10 questions will help you decide if you and your personal trainer are on the same page. By Li Yuling
- Are you certified, and how long have you been a personal trainer?
- What kind(s) of clients do you tend to work with, and do you specialise in any area of training, such as strength conditioning or rehabilitation?
- How would you describe your training style?
- Given my goals, what kind of programme would you recommend for me – and why?
- I have (insert recurring physical discomfort, injury or medical condition here), how will we deal with that during the programme?
- What success have you had in training other clients with similar conditions and goals as me?
- How often do I need to work out – and do all of those sessions need to be with you?
- How long will it take – and how hard will I need to work to achieve my goals?
- What will the format of the training sessions be? (How long will they last, how much time will spent on warm-up and cool-down, and so on)
- Would you recommend that I go on a special diet or take supplements?
The New Gym Membership in Singapore