These tips and tricks will make your beauty routine so much easier. By Dawn Chen
Photo: Emma Shervington/Corbis
1. Remove stubbon glitter nail polish by doing this: soak cotton wool in nail polisher remover, place it over nails then wrap finger in aluminium foil. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes, then slide it right off. Voila, clean nails!
2. Whiten yellowish nails by brushing your nails – yes, with a toothbrush and whitening toothpaste. For stubborn stains, let the toothpaste sit on your nails for five minutes before washing it off.
3. Make your eyeshadow more vibrant and true to its hue by colouring in lids with a white eyeliner first. This will really make eyeshadow pop!
4. Re-use your favourite mascara brushes. If there’s an expensive mascara brush that you really love, just wash the brush under hot water and re-use it with other bottles of mascara.
5. Outline your lips with a highlighter or concealer after applying lipstick to prevent smudges and define your lips.
6. To avoid lipstick from getting onto your teeth, stick your finger in your mouth and pull it out quickly – this helps remove excess product.
7. Use your lipstick as a cream blusher for a naturally flushed look. Just apply the lipstick to the back of your hand then use your ring finger to dab the colour onto cheeks.
8. Get rid of split ends by grabbing a lock of hair and twisting it, then snipping off the strands that stick out.
9. Spray hairspray onto your bobby pins before using them – this makes sure they don’t slip out over time.
10. Dry wet hair with a cotton t-shirt instead of a towel. This is gentler on your hair, and won’t cause it to tangle and break.